“You never really own an Artäge Portrait, you merely take care of it for the next generation” – Anonymous
To create your final piece, it’s important to consider our dress code, as certain colors and textures are critical elements in the final composition.
We strongly recommend all persons in the portrait wear similar tones of clothing. Wearing the same colour exudes a feeling of togetherness and unity rather than separation.
- Dark or jewel toned dress or gown, dresses that flow below the waist are preferred rather than a tight fit, little to no pattern is preferred, long sleeves preferred, classic jewellery like diamonds, pearls are encouraged (dark colours keep light from reflecting on your face)
- Family heirloom jewellery is recommended, as this portrait will be in the family for generations as well
- Little or no pattern is preferred
- Choose timeless clothing, avoid current trends
- White lace around the collar is acceptable
- Dark tuxedo or suit jackets, white shirt, tie, dark pants, freshly shaven (unless growth is desired)
- Same as Ladies but short or no sleeves acceptable, for girls under four off-white gown/dress colours are acceptable
- Same as men but solid dark sweater acceptable, for boys under four white shirt and bow tie acceptable
- If anyone plays an instrument, other than a piano, please bring it
- A separate image can be captured of children in ballet, riding & polo clothing